By the time an individual hits their thirty’s, supplementing their diet with multivitamins becomes increasingly urgent. According to “The Merck Manual of Medical Information- 2nd Home Edition” (Merck & Co., Inc. – 2003, First Pocket Books paperback- May 2004), after a person turns a mere twenty-five years of age, the likelihood of them getting a chronic disease like cancer goes up by 5% with each consecutive year. Experts support this claim by saying that persons considering exercise and healthier eating habits will still need to include a supplement/s as part of their new health regime. Even kids must take daily vitamins to support healthy growth.
Can anyone, then, imagine a supplement that provides the essential minerals that the body needs, while enabling the body’s natural ability to repair itself through the release of stem cells into the blood stream? The blue-green algae Aphanizomenon flos-aqua (known better as AFA) does just that.
Aphanizomenon flos-aqua (AFA) is the scientific name for a type of nutritional blue-green algae that thrives in fresh water. Here are some fascinating facts about the AFA:
A it is an algae, and therefore like most, are edible,
B they are from the group of organisms called phytoplankton,
C they are photosynthetic, meaning that like other plants they produce their own food from sunlight,
D it is at the basis of most aquatic food chains and are also the primary producers of the oxygen in the
atmosphere and certain food groups.
Most of all- this “Super Food” has recently undergone laboratory testing to see if this algae can be used as a type of Stem Cell Therapy. The findings were positive. This potential of Aphanizomenon flos-aqua(AFA) to help in the prevention of debilitating diseases like: Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, and Alzheimer’s disease will help to alleviate the negative stigma associated with the controversial testing of Embryonic Stem Cells.
The benefits of this nutritious blue-green algae are as follows:
- AFA is a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which is good for the heart.
- AFA triggers the release of stem cells into the blood stream, enabling repair and replacement of damaged cells.
- A source of phenyl ethylamine, which is known to: increase alertness, alleviate depression and cause feelings of well-being.
- Is a rich source of vitamins and minerals.
- Contains the blue pigment, phycocyanin. This immunigizes the body against the toxins and fumes floating around in the atmosphere. Also known to prevent pain and inflammation.
Learn more about health supplements containing AFA as well as advancements in Stem Cell testing, by visiting: http://www.stemcellsuniverse.com